Sunday, April 30, 2017

Day 30: Shavasana



Close your eyes.
Feel every place where your body comes in contact with the floor beneath you.

[yang]
I have made things happen
in small hops
from contract to contract,
warranty to warranty:
a permanence continually replaced.
This is how I understood progress.

Let your body relax and sink into those places.

I signed for you.
There is a paper to prove it.
We’ve climbed imaginary ropes
Always reaching for a higher anchor;
Our palms are burned to bleeding.
This is how I understood love.

Pay attention to your breath moving down your spine. Notice the pause before you exhale.

[yin]
Yet things will happen
and I will continue to be.
As I bend deeper into life,
the energy of life will hold me up inside it.

Feel the warmth in your arms and in your hands. Notice the sensations there.

You were never mine to have or hold,
nor will You be.
So I choose to love you as the sunflower loves,
rather than the vine.
Perhaps time will offer us a bargain.
Perhaps not.

Feel the slow rise and fall of your chest as you release your neck and shoulders.

There is no private island.
There is this.
This unknowable,
This beautiful,
This maze of togetherness.

All you have to do is let go.


No comments: